Dr Cheng Jin Fong
Specialty : Ophthalmology
6 Napier Road #07-01 Gleneagles Medical Centre Singapore 258499
- Dr Cheng is the Director of The Radiant Eye Centre. She is an eye surgeon who specialises in cataract and comprehensive Ophthalmology, with a subspecialty interest in managing patients with tearing issues, eyelid problems and orbit diseases.
- In 1998, Dr Cheng graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Manchester, UK. She completed her basic and advanced training programmes at the Singapore National Eye Centre and National University Hospital of Singapore. In 2004, she was accredited with the Master of Medicine (MMED) in Ophthalmology and Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (MRCSEd). She was admitted to the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (FRCSEd) in 2008. She is also a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore (FAMS).
- Dr Cheng joined the National University Hospital of Singapore in 2008 as Associate Consultant and held a joint appointment as an Adjunct Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore. In 2010, Dr Cheng was awarded the Health Manpower Development Award for a one year overseas fellowship training in oculoplastics at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Royal Children’s Hospital, Australia. There under the tutelage of Prof TJ Sullivan, she developed a special interest in tearing and dry eye problems, eyelid malposition and paediatric orbit diseases.
- Upon her return to Singapore, Dr Cheng was promoted to Consultant. Between 2011 and 2013, Dr Cheng was appointed Head of the Ophthalmology service at Jurong Health Services. She leads a team of doctors, nurses and optometrist to provide quality eye care for patients.
- She is also an active member of the regional Oculoplastics community and is the treasurer of the Asia Pacific Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.